This dish has delicate flavors, lovely textures and is so easy to make!
* Flavorful and fragrant with a hint of sweetness and a touch of heat.
* A healthy recipe that is low in calories - just perfect for the days when you want to eat something light.
* Beginner-friendly recipe - if you are new to Indian cooking, this recipe is a good place to start.
* It is a gluten-free, plant-based recipe.
* It comes together in under 30 minutes.
The simplest things in life give us so much pleasure, isn't it? This recipe is the definition of simplicity.
This is a allium-free, plant-based, and grain-free recipe.
Top tips to make the perfect Poriyal
* It all begins with the cut! This is a quick and easy recipe and the cooking time directly depends on how finely the cabbage is.
* Use cabbage that is fresh and tender - for faster cooking and a sweet taste.
* For the best taste use white cabbage.
* Do not overcook the cabbage. Overcooked cabbage will become soggy and lose its flavor and texture.
Traditionally, poriyal is served as a side with a typical South Indian meal consisting of rice, a kootu sambar, some pickle, a portion of greens and some curd (yogurt) to finish off the meal. ....and then sleep attacks 😂
Enjoy making this simple and fragrant dish for you and your family. Happy cooking!