Have kids coming over for a sleepover and need a quick and easy breakfast idea? I have you covered! These easy eggless pancakes come together in 20 minutes and so fluffy, yummy and adaptable.
Breakfast is an important meal of the day for me and I love warm breakfast that is quick and easy and filling at the same time. If there is one dish that comes close to this pancake and ticks all the boxes for me, it is this vegan couscous salad with warming spices.
What is your favorite meal of the day? Do let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear from you. - Padma
Recipe ingredients for eggless pancake
These delicious vegan pancakes require your usual pantry ingredients.
Check the recipe card below for quantities.
Plant based milk: I use almond milk. You can use any milk of your choice.
Sugar: Use demerara or any other type of sugar of your choice.
Vanilla extract: and not essence will give a lovely, deep vanilla flavor to the pancakes.
Cinnamon: I love this warming spice. It adds a lovely flavor and so healthy too! Do not skip this.
Let us make this easy and quick recipe!
- In a bowl, add oil, plant based milk and vanilla extract. Add salt, sugar and cinnamon powder. Whisk.
2. Now add the flour in 3-4 batches, mixing in between each batch. Whisk well to make a smooth, lump free batter.
3. Add the baking powder and pour water on top of it - this will froth up the baking powder. Mix gently with a ladle.
4. The batter is ready. Now let us make the pancakes.
5. Pour a ladle of batter to a frying pan on medium high heat. Drizzle ½ teaspoon of oil. Cook till you see bubbles appear on the top, a few bubbles pop and the side are dry. Flip. Drizzle ½ teaspoon more oil. Cook till the bottom is golden brown and dry.
6. Cook the rest of the pancakes in the same way.
Serve the pancake with toppings of your choice
- a generous drizzle of vegan chocolate syrup or maple syrup.
- fresh berries
- cinnamon sugar
Tips and notes
To add more texture and flavor to the pancakes, add 2 tablespoons of any or all of these to the batter:
- finely chopped apple
- chocolate chips (vegan)
Storing the pancake mix: Mix the dry ingredients ahead of time and store them in a container with lid. When ready to make, just add the wet ingredients and voila! the pancake batter in ready within minutes!
Storing the batter: Combine the wet and dry ingredients into a smooth, lump free batter. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This batter works perfectly in waffle makers as well!
You can use whole wheat flour instead of plain flour. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if the batter is too thick.
To make banana pancake, add a medium sized, over ripe, mashed banana to the batter.
Add ½ cup of canned pumpkin and replace the ground cinnamon with pumpkin spice to make a warming and healthier version.
Love recipes with warming spices in them? Then so try this easy vegan pumpkin bread recipe. It is such a winner!
Frequently Asked Questions
Ingredients that can replace eggs in a pancake are mashed banana, applesauce, ground flaxseed or baking powder as I have used in this recipe which will make the fluffiest pancake without having to add egg.
It easy to make eggless American pancakes. What you need is flour, oil, milk, salt, sugar, ground cinnamon and baking powder. For detailed recipe, check the recipe card.
Absolutely you can! Most store bought pancake mix have egg in them so read the label carefully. It is easy to make eggless pancake mix at home. All you need is a few pantry staples such as flour, milk, salt, sugar, ground cinnamon, oil and water. For detailed recipe of vegan pancake, check the recipe card.
I hope that you enjoy making these eggless pancakes as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you. If you have made it, please take a moment to leave a comment and /or a rating below. This will make me super happy and motivate me to create more good content for you! xx Padma
Eggless Pancake Recipe
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 ladle
- 1 whisk
- 1 frying pan
- 1 spatula
- 1 cup plant based milk (200 ml, approximately)
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ¼ cups plain flour (150 grams, approximately)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 - 12 teaspoons neutral oil (1 teaspoon per pancake)
To serve (all or some)
- fresh berries of choice
- dairy free chocolate / maple syrup
Make the batter
- In a bowl, add oil, plant based milk and vanilla extract. Add salt, sugar and cinnamon powder. Whisk.1 cup plant based milk, 1 tablespoon neutral oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 teaspoons sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Now add the flour in 3-4 batches, mixing in between each batch. Whisk well to make a smooth, lump free batter.1 and ¼ cups plain flour
- Add the baking powder and pour water on top of it - this will froth up the baking powder. Mix gently with a ladle. The batter is ready.2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 tablespoon water
Making the pancake
- Pour a ladle of batter to a frying pan on medium high heat. Drizzle ½ teaspoon of oil. Cook till you see bubbles appear on the top, a few bubbles pop and the side are dry. Flip. Drizzle ½ teaspoon more oil. Cook till the bottom is golden brown and dry.10 - 12 teaspoons neutral oil
- Cook the rest of the pancakes in the same way.
Serving the pancakes
- Serve the pancake with toppings of your choice a generous drizzle of vegan chocolate syrup or maple syrup.fresh berriesapplesauceyogurtfresh berries of choice, dairy free chocolate / maple syrup, applesauce, yogurt