Sprouted Mung Beans Salad is delicious , nutritious and light salad, which can be enjoyed as a snack or an accompaniment to main course.
- Mung beans - 70g (soaked overnight, drain and left to sprout for at least 48 hours) **
- carrot - 1( small) - 50g, grated
- Cucumber - 1(small) -120g, finely chopped
- Onion - 1 (small) -50g, finely chopped
- Chilli - 1, finely chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper powder - ¾ tsp
Garnish: coriander leaves, chopped
- In a saucepan of rapid boiling water, add salt and the sprouted mung beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside to cool. (removes the rawness and keeps the “bite”).
- Once cool, toss it along with the rest of the ingredients in a salad bowl. Mix well and add garnish.
- Let this sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
The mung beans should be allowed to sprout for at least 48 hours for better nutritive benefits
More about this Recipe
How did this recipe come about?
Mung beans have been a regular feature in our household since time immemorial! We absolutely loves mung beans in any form - as a curry and as pesarattu (pancakes). Being vegetarians, we have always been looking for ways to include this pulse and its sprouted form as it is packed with nutrients and protein. This recipe just evolved over the years into this beautiful version that I have documented here. Hope you truly enjoy the burst of flavour in your mouth - perhaps this is how summer would taste like, if we could taste it!
Approximate Nutritional Values:
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|